Each year, pet dogs and cats are taken to shelters by family members of owners of all ages who have either gone into nursing homes or have died leaving no provisions for their beloved companions. So, in addition to making countless decisions regarding their loved one’s estate, these families also have to decide what to do with their loved one's dog or cat. Too often these animals end up in overcrowded, underfunded shelters where they face an unknown fate.
To avoid this situation, MaxFund No-Kill Animal Shelter offers its "Peace of Mind" Estate Planning Program. By enrolling your pet(s) in this plan, you'll have peace of mind knowing that your beloved pet will be well cared for. Your enrollment will also spare your loved ones from the process of re-homing your pet, which can be painful and overwhelming.
Benefits of our Peace of Mind Estate Planning program include:
- Encouraging you to write a detailed bio and care instructions which will be passed onto the pet's future guardian.
- Providing each animal with a tag directing loved ones that the animal is to be cared for by MaxFund in the event of an emergency.
- MaxFund dispatching a volunteer or staff member to pick up your pet from where it is currently housed.
- MaxFund providing medical care, vaccines, microchipping, etc., as needed while your pet is in their care.
- MaxFund housing your pet in its shelter, in a foster home, in our cat retirement home, or at our future dog retirement community until a forever home can be found.
All we ask is that you include a gift to MaxFund in your will. In return, we will do our best to ensure that your beloved pet finds a new home.
To get started with Peace of Mind Estate Planning, please download and fill out the below documents:
Guardianship Top Sheet
Guardianship Pet Profile
Medical Release Form
Pet Relinquish Form